Thread: skins fans
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
I can count on one hand, a hand that has lost a few fingers to firecracker accidents, how many poor games the defense has played this year. They've kept the Birds in every game besides the BAL game and that only got out of hand in the second half after that pick 6 by Ed Reed. Their defense is one of the most underrated in the league IMO.(My dad and I fight about this every weekend. He thinks they are laughably overrated and I think they dont get as much credit as they deserve).

As for today's game, it was our typical division toss-up. The Eagles offense had their usual struggles. Fortunately today, the defense swept the O's ineptitude under the rug. These games can go either way every time they face each other, we all know that. What Im hoping we take most away from this win is the confidence that we can beat anybody in the league and put it into perspective that running the table is fathomable.

As for the highlighted part, that is just the reason that we've come to love this game. Any given Sunday. Parity in this league is a fine line. As the Shwammi says, "and THAT'S why they play the game".

BTW, I have all my fingers. NO firecracker accidents here. Just wanted to make a point as to how well the Eagles defense has played this year, save a game or two. Or three.

GL the rest of the way Matt, and I am PRAYING day and night for a matchup with ya's in 5 weeks.

This game came down to the one person we always discuss. He's the guy who makes the Eagles go.

WESTBROOK

He got loose today and scored on 2 big plays.