Thread: skins fans
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
Come on Matt, the Giants were outplayed in every quarter of that game. That Hixon dropped ball TD opportunity can be countered with the fugaze blocked kick to end the half. The score ended EXACTLY the way it should've. All in all, the G Men were outplayed. I've said it all along, the Birds play better on the road. At home, they get too complacent and let teams have their way with them. They 'get up' for away games. The Birds went in there with their season on the line and backs against the walls and hit the boys in blue on their chins. A MUCH needed win. I LOVED the offensive playcalling/gameplan.(run/pass ratio)
I said that the Birds defense played well, but you have to admit that their offense didn't really light it up. It was a close game. There are 2 critical dropped passes that come to mind right away. The Hixon drop and a Steve Smith drop on a 3rd down in the first quarter. It would have been a first down and kept a drive going which ended up in a loss of downs for the Giants. Would have it made a difference? Maybe, maybe not. The Giants didn't make the plays today, the Eagles did.