Thread: skins fans
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
Not to take anything away from the Birds, they played very well defensivley today and stopped the run which they couldn't do last time. Anytime you can win on the road in the NFL it's a big thing. But the Giants dropped alot of passes today, including a surefire TD by Hixon. They seemed like they could never get on track. Obviously the loss doesn't hurt the Giants. I'm sure Coughlin will give it to them good this week in practice, especially with traveling to Dallas next week.

I am sure the papers will blame the Plax ordeal with today's performance, but I think it couldn't be further from he truth.
Come on Matt, the Giants were outplayed in every quarter of that game. That Hixon dropped ball TD opportunity can be countered with the fugaze blocked kick to end the half. The score ended EXACTLY the way it should've. All in all, the G Men were outplayed. I've said it all along, the Birds play better on the road. At home, they get too complacent and let teams have their way with them. They 'get up' for away games. The Birds went in there with their season on the line and backs against the walls and hit the boys in blue on their chins. A MUCH needed win. I LOVED the offensive playcalling/gameplan.(run/pass ratio)
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel