View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 05:33 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
The Classic time is irrelevant to the discussion; the timing system was botched and they had to hand-time the race.

Monomoy Girl was just shy of the 9f track record that was recorded in October during the 2016 fall meet (1:47.75, Noble Bird in the Fayette).

Ignoring the new track record set by Nashville in Saturday's first race, Whitmore was just shy of the 6f track record that was also recorded in October during the 2016 fall meet (1:08.43, A.P. Indian in the Phoenix BC).

The track records set earlier in the card were something like 3/5 to a full second faster than the previous marks.
I'm confused as to what point you're making. Yes, if you ignore Nashville's race then Whitmore's looks better. But you can't ignore Nashville's race. So was the track really fast, which means fast times don't yield really high figures, or was it slow, where fast times will yield high figures? I think even if you eliminate the Gamine, Knicks Go, and Authentic races, the other three give us some interesting results. Nashville and Monomoy Girl both ran times that were too fast to get a 102 and 100 Beyer, respectively, if you figure the track was normal. So aren't the saying the track was really fast? If it was the same all day, Nashville has got to be higher than Whitmore and likely, so does Monomoy Girl. If it slowed down for Whitmore (and to be clear, I'm not saying Whitmore's race was slow, just slow by the standards of the past two days), how did it speed back up for the last two races?
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine