View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I am not sure how to interpret this. I think Denver must obviously feel like the team they had couldn't do it. They lost all of their defense when they lost Najara and Camby and this is their way of trying to get some of that back along with a little more offense in the process. I have a feeling though that Anthony won't respect Billups as much as he did Iverson and he'll try to dominate the team offense and I just don't think that's going to work. Either way, I didn't think much of Denver's chances to make a real impact in the West beforehand and I still don't.

Detroit is different. Billups was the heart and soul of that team and it's hard to replace that once it's lost. However, if there is any player in the league to try to replace that with, it's Iverson. I think Detroit realized that they did need a little something on offense. They have guys that can score but I think Iverson is the kind of guy that can not only score but he puts more pressure on a defense than Billups does. I think Iverson will open up the court a little bit more for their offense. I don't think it hurts them at all and if it doesn't work out, they are in a better position to do things in the offseason once Iverson and Rasheed Wallace's contracts both expire. I believe those two contracts total about $35 million. I think Dumars is looking at his roster and thinking that they'd be better off playing an uptempo style and taking advantage of the young, athletic players that they have and Iverson is more suited to that style than Billups is. Overall, I like the move for Denver but not as much as I like it for Detroit.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine