View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 01:03 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
I like Texas, but 5 is a bit silly IMO. Lee likely wins twice, who else is shut down? San Fran gets really timely hits, and if HUGE IF TIM L is right and does not match up with Lee, thats 2 wins for San Fran, likely.
No matter which side you choose, I don't think "in 5" (or a sweep) is silly. For some reason, these things do only go 4 or 5 sometimes. I think that everyone knows that Philly is the most talented offensive team in the N.L. San Francisco has the best pitching in the N.L. From what I've seen during the regular season (and now the post) is that Frisco has sort of mastered a plan to pitch to these people. They seemed to have the right people to handle a line-up of mainly lefthanded hitters. You give a team of good pitchers the same exact task, and they're pretty good at remembering what to do. Well, that's now changed. They don't know these Ranger hitters by heart. They aren't exactly sure how to get them out. Other than Uribe, and Sanchez, the Giants mainly need mistakes in order to hit. I don't think that the Giants are gunna see as many hanging pitches. They were def. not this good in the regular season. I'll guess they aren't gunna stay this good (but that closer is no joke.) What odds are they giving for Texas to sweep?