View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
While you can't force it, you can attempt to reiterate it as often as possible in the hopes that it hits home with the unelightened...

I would hope that the use of 'lesser' in that sentence is understood in its' limited application to the situation of being historical beasts of burden in the world at large. It is not suggested they are 'lesser' beings...
Sorry - I'm probably overly sensitive after a bad couple of weeks at work involving much euthanasia of creatures overtly considered "lesser" in a different sense, owned by those who take their animal husbandry responsibilities very casually indeed.

I really do not hold hope for ever broadening nor opening the hearts of some. Just keep pounding away, advocate for one animal at a time ....

Good article, thanks for posting it. Probably quite an unusually sensitive piece for its time, considering date of original publication.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts