View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 10:23 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
You are an Eagle fan so I'm curious where do you stand on him. Is he a mad genius,crazy, or somewhere in between.

He's got nothing to lose. He will try it completely his way and if he bombs? He will have big college programs breaking down his door to make him the highest paid coach.
I need to see more from him, honestly. All you hear about the guy is how he's so innovative and 'ahead of the curve'. He hasn't done ANYTHING close to gaining my admiration like Andy did when he first came in and turned this city around.

He puts his defense at risk by having them on the field for 70%+ of the time, but he hasn't really put much stock into that side of the ball until now.

The thing that grinds my gears with him is all of the Oregon acquisitions. It leaves one to wonder if they are going for the most talented player at the position or are they scooping up a former Duck because he fits Chipper's system. Total bush league move imo.

He obviously is manic when it comes to personnel. What he's done with this team's superstars is nothing short of baffling. These past few months have been a laugher, and this signing of Tebow (unless it signals an attempt to move up for Mariota) is far and away his funniest work to date.

Part of me wants him to fall flat on his face, so I can smash that fact into the ears of all of my friends and family that have gotten on me about being an Andy loyalist since his inception into the NFL head coaching ranks. It gets so lost on them how great we had it during his tenure, that it's now my CIVIC DUTY to harass them with every bad move Chip makes.

Keep 'em coming Chip, you're giving me more than I'll ever need!

Disclaimer:: This is coming from somebody that loses passion for team sports with each passing day, and is finding himself more and more watching golf/horse racing for pleasure. Strange occurrence for me, esp bc how fervent I was towards the Eagles only a few years ago. I honestly think that it stems from the final game of Andy's tenure when they laid down and died against the Giants. Disgraceful effort that still lives with (and haunts) me. The days of caring more than I should are LONG gone.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel