View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Right. You clearly didn't read the complaint before you said that silly thing, did you?

Please - you might want to read what happened in detail - and how long the horse was lame before it was put up for sale - before you make assumptions.
I read it. I also read this from the NYT piece:

Quote:
Super Hit, the horse that became the subject of the lawsuit, was bought in Germany in 2003 for about $100,000. At the time, X-rays showed that he had a small abnormality in his left front coffin joint. Mrs. Romney consulted three veterinarians and was told it was “not significant,” according to her deposition in the suit, which was previously reported by The Washington Post.

With Mr. Ebeling training Super Hit and riding him in competitions, he progressed and did well at shows. The horse also regularly received injections of anti-inflammatory drugs to prevent any problems with his coffin joint, which is where the hoof attaches to the lower leg. Veterinary experts say the drugs are commonly given to top-level sport horses.

Though Mrs. Romney loved the horse, calling him “Soupy,” she decided to sell him in late 2007. Riding him, though meant to soothe her multiple sclerosis, had in fact become painful. “I frequently was getting back spasms when I rode Soupy,” she said.