View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 03:26 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Hey Rupert, I never got the chance to congratulate you on Tiger's Masters win. You and my brother Danny were his two biggest fans, even when the outlook was bleak. You guys never wavered, and I took the stance that there was no way he'd ever come back healthy enough to win a tournament again let alone a major. He's certainly a horse for the course at Augusta and proved ALL of his doubters wrong. Not a dry eye in the room where I watched it.

Tiger wont ever dominate again like he used to because the sport has caught up to him, but it's nothing short of magical to see him win again.

I was happy for you guys, and I'm happy for the sport I fell in love with because it's now pumping on all cylinders again!
Thanks Declan. Before Tiger's final back surgery, I thought it was only 50/50 as to whether he would be able to ever play again. He could hardly even walk. But once he made it back (after that final surgery) and his swing looked much better and he was being competitive, at that point I figured he could win again. If he's stays healthy I think he has some more majors in him.

What do you think of Koepka? He seems practically unbeatable on a layout like they had at Bethpage.