View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
First you know nothing about what my life is or has been like so don't go there. I have not led a charmed or sheltered life, I have had to work my a$$ off for anything I've gotten. Way to not address my point though, and I am not sure how to rate what happened to Barbaro but it was pretty bad. It has obviously gotten better, but it could still take a turn for the worse. I wasn't refering to what happened in the Preakness as one of life's tragedies, but it was pretty bad. I was making the point that while I didn't have a direct connection to barbaro like owning him, it was sad to see it happen. A dog was run over by a car on my block today, I didn't own the dog, but it was sad and upsetting seeing the owners standing over him. Got my point?
Sure ... it's sad to see someone else's horse break a leg ... or someone else's dog run over by a car. But neither is a tragedy ...

... nor is working very hard to get what you desire ... in fact ... working hard to achieve your goals can be very satisfying.