Thread: michelle wie
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 12:46 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678
i agree with you on the putting- she will learn it and win tourneys on the lpga and if her putting gets real good - someday the pga

i'll give you my thoughts on the open tomorrow, my boys were out there today , the rough is impossible
She just finished 2 shots back in a major championship and had 126 putts for the week....that is just flat AWFUL. That is 12 more putts than the winner(Se Ri Pak) and 11 more than the runner up (Karrie Webb).

She will continue to make money based on her length alone.

Gales, when I caddied last month for my friend when the LPGA was in Williamsburg we were paired with Sophie Gustafson. It is UNREAL how far she hits it. A woman should not be allowed to hit the ball 300yards like she does, but she is amazing to watch. Then again, I also watched her not even come close to hitting the hole from 4-5 feet.

Michelle should not be having these putting problems at such an early age. She has no fear at all when hitting her driver or irons, but she needs to carry that same attitude over to her putting. Its easy to be mechanical with the full golf swing and get away with it, but I know of very few GOOD mechanical putters. Michelle is WAY TOO MECHANICAL in her putting. At her young age, she should have alot more feel on and around the greens than she does.