View Single Post
Old 02-22-2022, 12:11 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konk View Post
I don't agree or disagree, I just find it amusing you guys are so obsessed with a bunch of nutjobs. Apparently you got banned from there and Conrad hated it so much he left but follows it from here. Fascinating.
Honestly, when the board began to be less about racing and more about far right politics, I was upset. My best guess is it was Obama's re-election in 2012 that signaled the beginning of the end for that place. A lot of members lost their minds and haven't found them yet. Some more prominent ones (like Just Ralph) abandoned the racing threads altogether and became full time political zealots. They blame the 'state of the game' for abandoning horse racing, but that's a crock of s**t.
I learned a lot from that site about the game through reading threads and chatting with other players. The days of good handicapping talks and exchanges are long gone.

At this point though, that place has become so far removed from reality that it's both sad & funny. As DaHoss stated above, they deserve to be laughed at/ridiculed. It's a fricking riot. I love laughing at them.
Also, Mike and I have had some public and private exchanges that clearly show he doesn't care what direction the board is going. He leads the charge most of the time, and shows favoritism to his old boys (like Tom) & lets them post whatever they want, while others are held strictly to the TOS.
After all, it's his place - he can do what he wants.
So can I, and I choose to stop in every now and then and get them all bent out of shape.
It's one of the easiest things I'll ever do, I find it hilarious, and they never let me down.

Think I may visit today if I have time.