View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 05:30 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwspencer
The thing I'm so confused about is the uproar about the inside of the track being scraped -- and Lehr stating that they do that every day before the races. So why is that the smoking gun?

I still don't think there was a bias -- but if we're going to quote Andy Beyer like he has any clue on earth what he's talking about -- then by all means Lehr's words count just as much...which brings us right back to a stalemate. I'm not exactly about to tout the post-race analysis of a guy who couldn't pick the winner of a race by watching the replay.

Scuds -- I still don't see what Nakatani's quote from Thor's Echo has to do with anything. He had to maneuver out around the turn because he was moving too fast. So what? If the rail was such a godsend -- why did he have to move outside at all? He shouldn't have been about to run over those in front of him, as the horses in front of him should have been going just as fast, considering they were.....on the rail, right?? Why was he faster and more explosive on their outside in winning the race? You're using reverse logic -- that quote shows nothing at all.
Brian,
Go to the top of the page, click on page 17. Read what Scuds said on that day.
He shared his analysis while it was happening.
After it happened, seems to me like many have eithr questions or excuses.
Listen to Scuds. He saw it and said so.