View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 06:13 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
I'm confused as to what point you're making. Yes, if you ignore Nashville's race then Whitmore's looks better. But you can't ignore Nashville's race. So was the track really fast, which means fast times don't yield really high figures, or was it slow, where fast times will yield high figures? I think even if you eliminate the Gamine, Knicks Go, and Authentic races, the other three give us some interesting results. Nashville and Monomoy Girl both ran times that were too fast to get a 102 and 100 Beyer, respectively, if you figure the track was normal. So aren't the saying the track was really fast? If it was the same all day, Nashville has got to be higher than Whitmore and likely, so does Monomoy Girl. If it slowed down for Whitmore (and to be clear, I'm not saying Whitmore's race was slow, just slow by the standards of the past two days), how did it speed back up for the last two races?
My premise is that if the track was still as fast as it was earlier on the card then Monomoy Girl would have broke a track record as well.

It's shaky evidence to say they did not slow the track down because she almost broke a track record (so did Whitmore) and because Authentic's hand-timed race was a track record at a distance hardly ever run at that track.