View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 07:37 AM
Louisiana Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
It isn’t so much that I think the fillies are so much better than the males. It’s more that I think the males are horrific and Midnight Bisou, maybe Elate too, would rate among the top five choices. Midnight Bisou would probably be favored after this weekend’s results. She’s got the Eclipse for her division sown up so there is nothing to gain winning the Distaff.
The Bisou folks are angling for HotY more than just mare division honors. If she runs in the Distaff and thumps that group (again, ho hum) and finishes the year perfect, does she have more sway for HotY than if she runs in the Classic and doesn't win? If she hits the wall at 10f and finishes less-than-a-head-second or worse, she has ruined her HotY chances. I love Bisou, but she does not have the "Zenyatta effect" and can win HotY with a loss.
She HAS to win the Distaff by open lengths to have any chance of dethroning Bricks and Mortar to have a sniff at HotY. Bricks finishing 1st or 2nd - maybe even 3rd, depending on the factors - in the Turf seals it for him.