View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 07:51 PM
eurobounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
Look you are certainly allowed your opinion but Cannon Shell's point seems right to me. I can't believe you are suggesting Nick, or anyone, forgets how to train. Try and imagine how hard it is to get owners, keep owners, and keep them happy. To be perfectly honest, and I realize and admit I'm biased, I think it's very impressive just how many horses Nick continues to get in this world of " let's give 'em to Pletcher ". He has kept a lot of tough owners happy for a long time, through thick and thin, so he must be CONTINUING to do a lot more right than wrong.

I don't care who you are, you are only as good as your horses, and as long as Nick keeps getting decent horses I imagine he will keep performing at a very high level.
I understand Cannons point. But if you are winning then will get good stock. Nick has done a unbelievable job over the years. But you cant ignore a 50% decline in earnings. At some point in time a trainer loses a little something. Just like a coach loses a little something at the end of his/her career. I think Nick is getting up there in age and I think he will slowly decline in earnings and TC races. That is all.