Thread: Saratoga
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Delaware Park

My Girlfriend and I just went 2 weeks ago. We stayed downtown at a B&B. Are you going to the track all days? We went 2 of the 4 (1 was dark).

There are plenty of cool shops and restaurants downtown on Broadway. You could easily spend most of a day doing that. Also the Spa state park has 2 pools. We spent Tuesday there, I handicapped the Wed card while she sat in the sun.

At the track I would "splurge" for grandstand seats, that way you have seats. Both times when I went to purchase GS seats, people sold me their extras, one guy had extra clubhouse reserved so we were really close to the finish line. I think GS are 8 bucks each.

As for specific restaurants, as stated before, there are plenty, just depends on what cuisine you like. Go downtown though, its about a mile away.

As for getting to the track and parking, not sure where you are staying, but come south down East street. As you approach track, accross from the training track you can park for $10 and your super close. The first time I went we came in in Union ave and it took awhile. If I would have went north 1 more exit (off 87) to Lake ave, then left on East street, it would have been much easier.