View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 06:23 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
Who are you guys? And who is advocating just shutting up and forgetting? I haven't seen anyone here take the stance to just forget it. Almost across the board people here and other boards that I have seen are in agreement that things need to be done.

What I have seen is backlash to knee jerk reactions and a resentment of media types that speak negatively about the sport, yet have no idea about what they are talking about. I agree the discussion is positive and horse racing is being well represented. I'm just not sure if the right time is before the Preakness although I understand why they are doing it then.
The headline of this thread is "This Has Trouble Written All Over It". How could a discussion that involves Dr. Larry Bramlage, Larry Jones, Gary Stevens, and William Rhoden have trouble written all over it? I think it would be much more troubling if they didn't talk about Eight Belles or if they just briefly mentioned the incident. It's much better for them to spend plenty of time on the subject and talk about some of the things that can be done to lessen the chances of something like this happening again. I don't know anything about William Rhoden, but I certainly think that Bramlage, Jones, and Stevens are qualified to give their opinions.