Thread: Breeders' Cup
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Santa Anita

My trip in very quick summary form.

I enjoyed California for 3 weeks before the breeders cup - the women are really lovely here, if someone can get me an actuary job, ill take it in a second!

Breeders Cup Friday - I bumped into our very own racing celeb Steve Byk and his lovely wife Tina - got a photo with him!

Told the big posse I was with that Flotilla was a great bet - I think one of the guys won a few grand as a result - in fact if you watch the replay you can actually see me going crazy in the infield just under the big screen.

I met the other big racing celeb and fellow European Jeremy Edge - I got a photo with him.

Saturday was a very warm day - thank god someone brought suncream or I'd have been like a lobster.

It was very much an up and down day, had a few nice winners like Trinniberg and Fort Larned but had some tough losses in the Turf and Juvenile - and just before the juvenile I was thrown into a photo with Paul Reddam whose horse nearly gave me a super payoff!

Judy Courtland (as mentioned on another thread!) spotted me in the crowd before the last race and I had to get a photo with her - lovely girl.

Right at the end, I managed to have a nice chat with Christina Olivares and got my photo with her as well - lovely girl.

I jumped on a flight Saturday night from LAX straight to Melbourne - It was a long old way for a horse racing but well worth it.

Melbourne Cup day was absolutely epic, such a super day - 105k at it. I was there with the mother and plenty of relations - we all backed Dunaden who disappointed greatly and Jakkalberry who ran a belter at 80-1 so everyone of us, without exception won plenty of cash and we had a brilliant night.

We went again on Thursday for Oaks day which is ladies day and was a gorgeous day - the spring carnival in Melbourne is absolutely fantastic.

#Grand