View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 02:47 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
They are right because they are the guardians at the gates, or because they have written guidelines that they are adhering to? "They" get to make the rules and IF they had there would not have been any grey area. In fact there is no grey area. You put up your nomination money and 30,000 grand and pre enter. Looch is Looch he is going to do things that are unconventional...AND?

Have we ever seen a FTS'r win a stakes? Of course we have. Is there any Superstars in this years field like a Songbird... Certainly none too date. Just last year we saw the winner run what a 78 BSF and BECAME CHAMPION. How many times have you seen a FTS'r 2 filly debut with a 85 fig, better question for Andy but I must have seen a minimum of 10 in 30 years of watching.

Do I think its smart to run a FTS in the Breeder Cup, of course not, its the dumbest thing I can think of, but it isnt my 30,000 and it isnt my filly.

Let's chase Looch out of the game because its easy to find owners that fling around money.. Seems to me Looch has a point.
Quote:
"response from the Breeders’ Cup, which wrote to him that it may refuse entry “for any reason” and “without limitation.”"
how can he have a point when it's clearly stated that they don't need a reason to reject ANY entry regardless if you've posted your 30K. This is just sour grapes on his behalf as his outfit often feels the need to be involved in major racing days and big races, even though his horses are almost always overmatched.

-bt-