View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 01:20 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
I imagine there are a number of ways tracks get faster, or slower, and while I ( unlike you, who thinks you are ) am not a track super, I would guess moisture content plays a relatively significant role. If you actually followed Belmont racing closely ( please don't even pretend you do ), you would know there have been plenty of days where the final times on the dirt were quick. However, the fact that you insinuated in this thread that this was some sort of management decision is ludicrous, and given my relationship to track management ( as opposed to yours ) it's understandable, I guess, that you can't even begin to imagine how far from the truth this is. There is one constant, and one only, and that's to keep our racing surfaces as safe as possible. Given the numbers, this is working, and this is very much due to the incredible job Glen Kozak does on not just a day by day basis, but a virtual minute by minute basis.

I hope this helps.
Maybe they didn't intentionally soup up the track on Friday and Saturday. But are you denying that several tracks (including the tracks in New York) over the years have sped up the track for big stakes days? I know you are friends with Andy Beyer and respect his opinion. Why don't you ask him if over the years he's seen a pattern with tracks being extra fast on big stakes days. I hope this helps.