View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 08:58 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
why is it when some people are involved in something that they are excited about, someone (or more than one at times) feels the need to come in say something to bring everyone down? there are hundreds of races to cap, to offer an opinion. i don't feel that your motives here are pure as the driven snow-sometimes it's best if folks keep their opinions to themselves, i think this qualifies as one of those times.
you know, that old saying, if you can't say something nice, say nothing.... but for some reason you couldn't limit yourself to just saying 'good luck'.
Zig, and other Partners, et al...

In some cases we've had people say things here, and elsewhere, with only one negative intent. 'Round Pen' though, I can assure everyone, DOES wish us well and has a world of knowledge on which to base his comments. He is involved in racing in a big way and has been responsible for many a good horse...

The spot Sumwon is in makes sense FOR OUR PURPOSES with the Stable, and that's what is difficult for a lot of people to see. I'll remind anyone looking in that there is only one person with an on-going FINANCIAL stake in Sumwon, and that is Chuck Simon. We bought her as a group, BUT NO ONE IS PAYING THE DAILY FREIGHT HERE, except Chuck. He has a plan and rationale for doing what he is with the filly and is keeping the Partners in mind while making the calls so we have maximum opportunity to get together at racetracks and he has the opportunity to offset his expenses.