View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
The streak has ended on the 480th try.

Mom Proof (20/1 loading into the gate, but ended up going off at 37/1 odds won the 7th race at Finger Lakes)

He won a desperate 3-way photo finish...

It was only a 7 horse field. The horse who finished 7th and last was beaten less than 4 lengths. The final time for the mile was a jaw dropping slow 1:42.31

This was an OPEN claiming race for older males -- not condition -- OPEN! Turned out to be an unbelievably weak race and a 7lbs bug rider taking over for a journeyman beats me.

Dead at 480 and no one is happier about it than me. This challenge was brutally hard ... and anyone who thinks other wise is nuts and should try doing it themselves. Much bigger priced horses than this one have won on a daily basis. I've seen days where three or four different hundred dollar horses have won throughout the country on the same day.

Thanks for all the good record keeping Ranger.

amazing thread and effort on your part. enjoyed reading it as it unfolded, and hate to see it end-altho i can understand you being glad it's done.

i thought this would be the harder of the two halves...percentage-wise, it turned out to be. interesting all the same-and i was hoping you could manage to do both!