View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Like the people that would have bred to him anyways won't just go breed to another drugged up stallion. Calling his death the best moment of the year is tasteless and not even the least bit humorous. Taking someone's best and worst moments and reversing them is at best a lack of creativity and at worst rude.
I wouldn't have gone so far as calling it the best moment of the year myself. But I did at least see where he was going with that.

The comments about Jazil winning the Belmont though, I agree with them 100%. It's a sad day in the sport when horses like that can win races that are supposed to be among our better ones. Same as when Giacomo won the Derby, Wilko won the BC Juv, Sarava won the Belmont. Sure, it's great for the owners and the fans of those horses but it speaks more to the quality of our races, or lack thereof, when these kinds of things happen.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine