View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 12:39 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Most memorable moments were:

1. Discreet Cat's Cigar Mile. I haven't looked forward to a race with that much anticipation in a long time and to see him deliver the way he did made it well worth the wait.

2. Bernardini's collection of works. Even though he lost in the Classic and the competition he faced in his other races was weak, watching him run was a pleasure. He ran with such an effortless ease and I have no doubts in my mind that he's the real deal.

3. Ouija Board in the BC. Watching the old girl do it once again was special. A true world champion.

As for whether or not I think it was a good year for racing, I don't think it was. But I think it's getting to be the norm rather than the exception when we keep hearing about horses retired early for whatever reasons, trainers being suspended for drug violations, etc. All of the bad news is not even knews anymore. It's becoming the norm.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine