View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 12:18 AM
Randwyck

Just got back from the Meadowlands. I wanted to see Billy O' back at the Meadowlands, especially in a BC race. Of course I also wanted to see Somebeachsomewhere again before he retired (and see him avenge the only loss in his career).

A few observations -- that colt is the greatest harness horse to ever look through a bridle. Before him, I gave that honor to Artsplace, although I will say that I never saw Niatross race live, I have seen many of his races on video replays. This colt is beyond incredible. I said it the one time he got beat -- that he was even greater in defeat than most of his wins. He showed then in defeat, and again tonight, that he is a true champion and will go down as one of the greatest of all time.

Tim Tetrick -- sure we all know he's a machine and his numbers are beyond belief, but tonight, he was having trouble walking. He was limping really bad in the winners circle. That double hip replacement is screaming to be done right now. This kid has got more determination to have kept up the schedule he has the past few years, all of that with a degenerative hip condition that he has suffered from since he was born -- and he's been holding off a double hip replacement. Impressive.

Overall, a great night.

Eric