View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 09:34 AM
Saratoga

I was asked to go and look at TC, at their 2014 thread and am sorry to add two names a lot of us were quite familiar with and big fans of...

Ea
Bluesthestandard

I will not be going back through their thread and trying to verify anyone who has been left out of this one and certainly do not mean to make it like since these were such big names they are somehow more important. I just thought it was right to add them but cannot now spend weeks reading pages upon pages as this is quite depressing enough to put together every year. It is simply a choice, adding two names. If anyone would like to add the others fromt heir well-kept-up threads by all means please do so.

On EA...
http://www.horseracingnation.com/horse/Ea#

We were informed several weeks ago that Bluesthestandard had died in a home that also took care of Falcon Scott and Bonfante. Both Bonfante and Falcon were re-located to Old Friends in excellent condition. I'm not going to get into all the personal details that led to the separation between husband and wife. According to our agreement, they were to inform Old Friends within 24 hours if there was a problem with a horse, including death. They did not comply. We always have necropsies performed to determine the cause of death. Immediately upon hearing of his death, I called Kristen and explained what happened. It is very sad when any of our retirees pass on..I hope this helps you understand our protocols. It was one human's failure to follow these protocols that led to the misinformation. We never received his ashes. We are burying his halter.