View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 12:47 PM
oracle80

If there is a horse alive who gets too much commentary and debate over, its Discreet Cat.
He beat a maiden field that looked great at the time, but the 2nd place horse Superfly is still eligible for entry level allowance conditions, the 3rd horse Ivanoksky just won the other day FINALLY for maiden 45 on the grass, and the 4th horse is still a maiden.
His race in Dubai to me is like a tossout, as are all dubai races. I find it sickening that Brass Hat's connections have to give back 1.2 mill, while horses like Alwutamakel, Testimony, etc all run huge races on that day every year. I'm not buying anything they try and sell each year on that day. Invasor simply didnt fire.

His comeback at the Spa, well he beat Accountforgold, who came back and got beat in the same allowance condition the other day by an ordinary horse.
The race on Sunday, well again it was great, but beating Valid Notebook won't get you a plaque on Union Avenue up here.

Until this horse actually runs against, and beats someone, hes just a freakish horse whos shown he can run awesome figs agaisnt noone. And I've seen a few of those over the years.

I think hes one of the fastest horses I've ever seen to be honest. But at some point it would be really nice if he actually faced someone worth facing, I mean its October of his 3 year old year and hes run 4 times.