View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 02:25 AM
Del Mar

Koepka has said that he thinks it's easier to win majors than normal tournaments. With his game I think that is true. For example, let's take the tournament last week which was the Byron Nelson. Sung Kang won. He shot 23 under par. That was Kang's first win. He had a great week. He was red hot. But there were probably 80 guys in the field last week that had the potential to do what Sung Kang did, if they had a great week. This week is totally different. There are probably only 10-12 guys in the field that have the game to shoot 10 under for the tournament, if they played lights out.

So if Koepka plays well, there are probably only 10-12 guys, at the most, who would have a chance of beating him on this type of golf course. It's much easier to beat 10-12 guys than 80 guys (in a normal tournament). That is why Koepka has won more majors than regular tournaments. He's only won 2 regular tournaments in the US. But he's won 3 majors and after tomorrow it will probably be 4. He seems like he has a good chance to win a ton of majors over the next few years. But you never know for sure. Golf is a crazy game. After Rory won 4 majors over a three year period, he figured to win a lot more. But he hasn't won a single one since, and that was 4 years ago. So you never know for sure. But Brooks seems like more of a sure thing to me than Rory. He just seems completely unflappable. And I think the fact that he feels like the majors are much easier for him to win is a huge mental advantage.