View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 12:13 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChanceToDance
by David Carr

DERBY seventh Kid Mambo has been sold for a ‘significant' sum and is to leave Terry Mills's yard to continue his racing career in the far east.

The colt, who finished third in the Lingfield Derby Trial and was then beaten just over ten lengths behind Authorized at Epsom, had his last run in owner Jeff Daniels' colours when fourth in the Hampton Court Stakes at Royal Ascot.

“He has been sold to race for an owner in Hong Kong and he's currently in quarantine,” Mills's assistant Richard Ryan said on Monday.

“It's very sad to see him go - it always is when you lose a smart horse - and there was probably a bit more to come from him.

“He's a big, strapping, strong horse and he is out of a half-sister to Selkirk who improved with age.

“He was very tough and genuine and a pleasure to train. He was very progressive at two and he carried that forward this year. “It's very sad but it is a business. The owner has a number of horses with us and he hasto rationalise when a nice profit is available - he went for a significant sum.”

Also leaving for Hong Kong is St Philip, who finished third in the Britannia Stakes at Royal Ascot for trainer Ralph Beckett. He is set to become a stablemate of Hong Kong sprint star Absolute Champion in the yard of David Hall.

Last year's Lingfield Derby Trial winner Linda's Lad, ridden by Frankie Dettori when finishing ninth behind Sir Percy in the Derby, has left Andre Fabre for the USA.

Owner Sean Mulryan's racing manager Herve Barjot said: “He has gone to Eddie Kenneally in Keeneland.

“We think there are a lot of good races for him over there, especially over a mile and a half on turf. He has been there for about two months and we hope he will be ready to run in September.”

Watch out for St Philip, MMSC. He is the sort of horse i think you will like (he sometimes has a mind of his own)
Oh! I found your other boy (Kid Mambo) and guess who bought him???

Dr. Ho!

(Stanley Ho Hong Sun, Macau gazillionaire and owner of the two Vivas).

A couple of workouts with Beadman up in company with Classic Reunion, Amsterdam...

No swimming.....

His new name? He's the 3rd Viva.....

VIVA HONG KONG!