View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 02:06 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
But instead of fighting he uses a judo move and takes ownership of it and turns it into a business tactic. It loses steam.. Guy has skin thicker than a shark

http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/31/news...mp-bankruptcy/

"I have used the laws of this country ... the [bankruptcy] chapter laws, to do a great job for my company, for myself, for my employees, for my family," he said during the first Republican presidential debate on August 6.
Trump claims that successful businesses file for bankruptcy all the time. At the debate he said "virtually every person that you read about on the front page of the business sections, they've used the [bankruptcy] law."
Excellent point. If he brings up that businesses declare bankruptcy with ease, while middle-class and working class folks find it considerably more difficult, my mind will be considered blown.

Fun fact: the credit card companies, some years back, finally paid Washington enough $$$ to get the laws passed they wanted (making it harder for people to discharge credit card debt) but for awhile it was delayed by Chuck Schumer, who inserted language into the early legislation saying that the same rules would apply to anti-abortion groups trying to declare bankruptcy to get out of paying legal fines. The right-winger Congresscritters so eager to screw over middle-class workers balked at making anti-abortion groups responsible for paying their legal fines. Schumer is not one of my favorite Dems lately, but for awhile back there he did some real good.