View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 07:01 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitan View Post
The margin was a nose, if even that (literally a bob). There was contact and the 5 was pushed out 1.5-2 paths. The 5 had all the momentum and the 4 would have come down even in the stringent of jurisdictions. I've seen some egregious DQs, but this is a non-story.
My problem with the DQ is that the contact and/or foul is not even really noticeable on the pan shot. I don't see the 5 get slowed or change its stride, so I have trouble believing that what the 4 did actually impacted the 5 or changed the result of the race, even with the small margin. (The flipside to this is, I also don't want to see jockeys exaggerating things to try to sell it to the stewards, which we also see some times and I can't stand.)

I guess the finish is close enough for the steward's the make this call, but I don't agree this would have been a DQ in every racing jurisdiction. I suppose it could be, but steward decisions are inconsistent enough that it's really hard to know how this would have been decided elsewhere.