View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 12:13 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChanceToDance
They need to sort themsleves out before they get left too far behind by Coolmore and Juddmonte..
why do you care that they sort it out? I thought your claim was that they are ruining racing, wouldn't you want them to fall more behind and fail so that they don't ruin Newmarket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChanceToDance
At the end of the day, i think this article is a really good piece of writing from a factual point of view. If anyone knows the Observer that well, they will know that this paper isn't the sort to write nonsense and not be able to back it's comments up.

Not opinion, but fact.
It may have had some facts in it but it read to me like a hit piece, not some objective analysis of the situation. It did not appear balanced at all, it seemed like the objective was to fire a shot at them since they are having a down time over there. Come on, look at the title "What A Waste of Money".
Ostensibly the reason for the article was the result of the King George but its quite clear that they had this material prepared and were waiting for the right moment to unload.