View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 01:20 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
What? Purchase Beholder privately, ship her to Parx, and try and get by the horse identifier?

Actually, that might work at Parx.

I guess he can send and float Songbird 6 or 7 wide if he was so inclined. That might set it up for Carina Mia, but probably won't help Cathryn Sophia win the race.

What is that exactly, a bunch of facile wins at second tier tracks and one-turn victories at what-happens-at-Gulfstream-doesn't-happen-outside-Gulfstream?

I can't wrap my head around this statement. What does "throwing an unseen wrinkle" entail exactly? Does Servis plan to kidnap Mike Smith, make a latex mold of his face, and replace him on race day with a Smith-masked Betty White?

Two wins at Parx, eh? That's like being proud you've been to prison twice.

Tell that to the folks who bet her down to odds-on in those races.

The answer is: yes, Carina Mia.

This is the difference between Cathryn Sophia and Songbird: Songbird wins races over graded stakes winning fillies at top tier tracks the way Cathryn Sophia won a race at Parx over Disco Rose and Queena Esther. Cathryn Sophia beat many Songbird also-rans in the Kentucky Oaks, but didn't look particularly good doing it, shifting back to her left lead under a drive in deep stretch. In similar scenarios, Smith would have the reins dangling and Songbird geared down to a lope approaching the wire.

Yep, we should be able to see where Cathryn Sophia fits in terms of the BC Filly and Mare Sprint after the race.

Great Post.....