View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pweizer View Post
This is a really fascinating and entertaining thread. But, Doug--my main question is how can you follow so many tracks at one time and still have conviction in your opinions?

Your ability to do that alone makes you one of the greatest handicappers I know.
I've been working with CJ (cmorioles) the last few months in making performance figures for horses with him. Maybe I'm a little biased, but the CJ Performance figure and his pace figures are way better than Beyers, TG, Ragozin, and they aren't publicly available either.

Between the two of us, we make figures for every track in the country, so at a glance I can pull up every race in the country and look for spots where real handicaping appears worthwhile.

The rest is obviously all handicapping...and I still do have a trip note collection of future bet backs that has always been my bread and butter.

For this task, I'm simply using the CJ figures -- finding the least competitive horses -- and studying the past performances to make sure there are no angles I can see that should give a horse a chance to improve and win.