View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek View Post
It really is too bad Courageous Comet had to miss the last day.
Was that the American horse that missed jumping today due to minor injury? Was in 3-4th after X-country? I don't know how many didn't pass the vet today.

The hardest line today was 6 to 7. 7 was a simple airy gate, but the setup to 6 had to be right on after the right turn, as it was then a "short steady, short steady, medium-medium-medium" five-stride sequence (you could not fix 6 in, and a regular 5 couldn't fit, either!) that unfortunately got some good horses. If I remember right it got Karen O'Connor a shocking refusal with a knockdown - she steadied and for a second the horse tried to steady for a third stride, then realized he was three away and tried to go on, but was too far, so (wisely) had to simply stop. A bit of confusion between them, a shame!

I saw that NBC televised some dressage today - next Sunday 4pm they are televising the XC jumping from today, looks like.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts

Last edited by Riot : 10-03-2010 at 06:08 PM.