View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 10:03 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Since you asked so nicely in the other thread...

Race 2- Better Tapit finds a very beatable field for his debut and the pedigree on female side is there. Mom was in the money in a 12 furlong group 3 in Ireland and she is kin to stakes fillies Yesterday and Quarter Moon. As ussen also popped yesterday with a firster, albeit a sprinter that was based here. Leaning on him in pick 4 and usually 4,6,8,9 a little.

Race 3- Outshine is a single. Ran a big race at Tampa, as the horse closest to the pace that collapsed. Troubled filled Wood is a throw out and I like that they regrouped and are aiming for second half of year. I’ve never gotten the Alwaysmining hype and don’t like him at all coming back in 3 weeks after tiring like he did in the Preakness.

Race 4- Leaning on Rushing Fall for obvious reasons and Daddy is a Legend who had to get a lot out of race at Churchill and is due to win won of these. Backup with 3,6,7 in pick 4.

Race 5- singling Midnight Bisou. I have all the respect in the world for Come Dancing but she’s been beating up on lesser lately and I’m not convinced she wants to go this far against this caliber. Obviously if the track is like it was yesterday she’s dangerous but I cannot imagine Smith allowing her an easy lead.

Race 6-Strange race in that I’m against the two favorites but don’t have a strong opinion. I don’t like Belvoir Bay shipping just 12 days after her last and while I love World of Trouble I just get a feeling he’s due for a poor effort and might get cooked in the pace. I’m going to box the 3 I feel are best closers, 1,2,6 in exactas.

Race 7- No strong opinion other than I’m looking forward to seeing Guarana. I do think Queen of Beas is better than her last and expect a good effort from her. I will be surprised if Serengeti Empress wins though as this race seems wrong for her, but kudos to them for running.

Race 8-I LOVE Much Better in here and will try and get through pick 4 with 1,2. Last is a toss and the fact he’s here after doing no running at all is a major plus to me. Blinkers off is a strong angle for Baffert and I think Smith has him out rolling early. Honest Mischief could be any kind and is very scary.

Race 9- Firenze Fire clearly loves Belmont and will be in the catbird seat behind the speed. Is he as good as McKinzie or Mitole? I’m not sure but his Belmont races match up well with theirs. 2,3,7 in pick 4.

Race 10- 1,3,4,8 in the pick 4. No real preference, but I’d obviously prefer the longer the better odds wise in the pick 4.

Race 11- Not sure how but I’ve landed on Spinoff. The races from Louisiana were strong and his LA Derby has held up. His 3 year old debut was strong and I think the Derby is a throwout. Pletcher knows how to win this race and should be in a good spot. Distance is big question mark. Also using War of Will and Tacitus in pick 4.

Good Luck!
Wow, with analysis too. How can we possibly lose ? Thanks go out to Mr. Hoss.