View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 07:06 AM
Turf Paradise

Default Belmont Day Picks

Still finalizing some opinions and wagering strategies but here are my current thoughts:

Race 2: It appears No Mans Land has found the right spot coming off a sneaky good return making an early move into a strong pace before flattening late off the layoff. Should be tighter today and I just couldn't find anyone else in here I wanted. Going to single in the early Pk-4 on a small play.

The Easy Goer: Struggling with this seemingly simple race. I like Dream Maker still who clearly has more talent than he's shown. I'm not a huge Alwaysmining fan but he does seem to have a slight but sturdy figure edge. Outshine ran pretty well in the Tampa Derby considering the pace and you can draw a line through his last. Majid had it all his own way but did it pretty nicely last time. Still Dreaming I guess was drilled previously by Alwaysmining and lost a seemingly slow Chick Land to Lexitonian but he was pretty wide and gaining late. The added ground today should help. Tough race for a small field...I'll probably spread a bit and Alwaysmining will win for fun.

The Just a Game: I'm a glutton for punishment as for some reason I always end up trying to fade Rushing Fall. My theory in here is to use all the "others" from the Distaff Turf Mile as I think the turf was tricky that day and not everyone handled it. Daddy is a Legend and Capla Temptress also had the layoff excuse and Environs might have needed that one/lost most hope at the break.

The Ogden Phipps: Another seemingly straightforward race which I might be overcomplicating. Not that the figure is wrong, but I wonder that Come Dancing will ever replicate the 114 we saw two back...not that she needs to to win here. Good chance she is just too fast and wires but I want to take a chance that Escape Clause is very intent on making the front and it sets it up for Bisou...I also am probably insane but I want a little Pacific Wind in here. If it heats up and they're coming back I think she'll be moving late. Chad pointed her here last year and she fired off her best shots in the two preps. Those figs are slower than the top here but if you cross off Come Dancing's 114 they aren't that far off...he went straight to the Ruffian this year and while CD drilled her it was a sloppy track and first off. Taking a small shot with her today.

The Jaipur: Turf sprints are just not my specialty. I have nothing clever in here, I think World of Trouble is a very likely winner and Disco Partner/Belvoir Bay the main dangers.

The Acorn: Haven't spent much time on this one just based on where it is in the sequence. I had kind of liked Proud Emma last out and maybe I can forgive that effort. She might not be up to these but surely should get plenty of pace to run at today. Haven't heard anyone in the world who says they like SE today which is kind of odd to me even though I can understand why. I still view her as the one to beat personally.

Be back later with the rest.