Thread: ROAP Survey
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 07:16 PM
Washington Park

Default ROAP Survey

Took the survey last night. Very interesting would encourage all to do it.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2018InterferenceSurvey

They show current results at the end and was somewhat surprised at the difference of people's opinions. Not sure why. Maybe it was exposure to different jurisdictions and stewards or something else. I thought I was spot on and think I was only in the majority in one.

That made me think that a solution may not be so much in technical rules, but in appearances. That is what the public sees. Pat C has been very informative in showing what HK does and provides. It is all directed at what the public sees and knows.

I'd like to see ROAP do another survey with more races and get a handle on what the people think. Aside from violations, I don't see it a bad thing to stewards for them to get more in line with what the public perceives as a DQ.

I think this could be done nationally just as the drug testing and track safety standards are being implemented across multiple jurisdictions. It doesn't need government oversight, just a little common sense and cooperation. And maybe a racing org to get involved.