Thread: 2016 Masters
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 08:29 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
How does it work when there are ties, would they divide those odds by 4? I have my own story... I have 5 entries in the DK 4 million game. My best is 197.5 in the money at this point. I am also playing a H2H against a friend and my entry is at $238 one would think I would be smart enough to have replicated that in the 4 million but no I am an idiot.
I actually edited my post about 10 minutes ago. I was just looking at the same bet for today, and it says that there is a tie-breaker. It says the tie-breaker is most eagles (and if that ties, most birdies). I did not notice anything about tie-breakers being mentioned yesterday. So I'm not sure if I just didn't notice it, or whether they simply didn't mention it. In hindsight, I assume there was a tie-breaker yesterday. If that is the case, I would not have won the bet. None of the 4 guys made any eagles, but Dustin Johnson had the most birdies.

I made a couple of small bets for today. I took Merrit at 65-1 and Cabrera Bello at 60-1. I was surprised to see that Spieth is 14-1. But then I realized it is because the wind is supposed to be quite a bit worse in the afternoon, so there is a good chance that the low score for the day will be from someone who tees off early. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Scott or Watson have the low score for the day. But I didn't bet either one of them simply because I was looking for a bigger price.