Thread: 2016 Masters
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 07:47 AM
Del Mar

I got so unlucky. For round #2, bookmaker.eu was offering a bet as to who would shoot the low round for the day. There were tons of really good players at good odds. I wanted to take a shot with someone who was maybe 50-1, or higher. Rafa Cabrera Bello was 50-1. But the guy I really wanted to take a shot with was Troy Merrit. There were plenty of guys who were over 100-1 and Troy Merrit would have definitely been well over 100-1. I went up and down the list looking for Troy Merrit, so I could throw $10 on him. He wasn't on the list. They offered odds on 65 guys out of the 89 guys in the field, but Merrit was not one of them. Guess who ended up tying for the low score of the day? Troy Merrit. I can't believe they didn't have a line on him, considering they had lines on practically everyone else in the field. Bad break for me. That would have been nice to cash that bet.

Since Merrit was not on the list, I ended up throwing $10 on Cabrera Bello at 52-1. He played ok. He shot 73. The low score for the day ended up being 71. The four guys that shot 71 were, McIlroy, Dustin Johnson, Daniel Berger, and Troy Merrit.

Edit: I just realized I don't think I would have won the bet. I'm looking at that same bet for today, and I see that in case of a tie, it is the player with the most eagles (if that's a tie, then most birdies). Yesterday, none of the four guys had an eagle. Dustin Johnson had the most birdies, so I guess I would not have gotten paid on the Troy Merrit bet, if I would have gotten down. Although yesterday I did not see the mention of a tie-breaker, so I don't know for sure.

Last edited by Rupert Pupkin : 04-09-2016 at 07:59 AM.