View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 09:50 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Agree with all of these points. I think Materiality has nothing but improvement ahead. I was shocked that Dortmund made the lead, and that the pace was as pedestrian as it was. He could not have and a better trip, relative to the amount of ground loss American Pharaoh needed to overcome, and may be a nice miler.

American Pharaoh may be even better in Baltimore. I'd love to see the Trackus as he clearly ran further than anyone else, and while maybe not as physically impressive in victory, the stats will bear out how much extra work he had to do.

Frosted closing like a shot into an non-existent pace was visually, the most impressive performance outside of AP's victory. Danzig Moon stalking and staying on was great to see. He just gets better with every race.
Pace was NOT slow. Frosted closed into a 26 final quarter and didnt get past Danzig Moon. I dont get the Frosted love. Dortmund was projected to be on pace by TimeForm it was hardily a surprise. TimeForm has the race faster then Beyer relatively speaking to their scales. AP traveled 29 feet more then Firing Line and I think 69 more then Dortmund.

I figure Dortmund to Haskel AP to Travers.