View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 10:38 AM
The Curragh

Default MTH Stewards Urge Large Fines for Gindi, Navarro; LRL, IND refuse entries

not sure whether to shake my head or laugh this one off.....

Quote:
"He told me that I drug and juice my horses. I said he was a fatso," Gindi said. "With that, he threw my iPad across the bar. We both had had a couple of drinks."

Gindi said he'd watched the Monmouth races from the grandstand Aug. 4, then ventured to the sports bar where he saw Navarro and joined him to watch the final race from Gulfstream, where Navarro's brother, Marcial Navarro, sent out Sir Sebastian to a clear victory in the final race of the day. While sitting with Navarro, Gindi said he saw the horseplayer he'd had the previous argument with.

"So what I did was really a show to get back at that guy. I didn't even have a dollar on the horse. I've been in the game as an owner for two years, but I still feel like a horseplayer where you can scream those things. You can have fun like that as a horseplayer," Gindi said. "I was trying to get a rise out of the guy.

"I started screaming juice, juice, juice, and at one point I thought about how it might sound so I added vegetable juice. It wasn't even Jorge's horse though. It was his brother's. But I was trying to chide the guy so I said, 'That's another $20,000 in my pocket.' But I didn't bet it, and since I've owned horses, I don't even really bet that much."
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...-gindi-navarro

-bt-