Thread: Duke/Davidson
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
I think that it is funny that you think that the best players in the world are not trying, they just go through the motions. You are letting all the periphrial stuff get in the way of the game on the court. College games are not well played basketball in most cases. The game was far better when the players stayed for 4 years. A team like North carolina is dominant simply because the players stay around and are talented for the NCAA level. Compare this period of UNC to the priod in the mid 80's where they has Jordan, Worthy, Perkins, etc and were not nearly as dominant. The game is just played at a lower level than it used to be. And dont bother with the NBA was better with Bird, magic etc because the truth was that there were only a few competitive clubs back then. There are 3 serious teams in the NBA this year and about 10 that arent far behind.
I didn't say they're not trying, but theoretically it doesn't really matter if they win or lose. Some players get torn up over losses, I don't think most do. It can't be as important to them as it is to college hoops players. Plus like I said, the fans, announcers and referees are all terrible. There's more to basketball than the quality of play.