Thread: Duke/Davidson
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
The NBA is f'ing boring, packaged nonsense. Of course the players are great, but with some exceptions, they're all set for life trillionaires with guaranteed contracts whose biggest concerns are not spraining their ankles and what cheerleader they can bang after the game. The crowds are terrible, the announcers are worse and all the league cares about is marketing its superstars. The game is secondary, so the ability of the players really doesn't get me off.

Maybe you enjoy hearing about how epic every one of LeBron's bowel movements was, but I don't.

And you're wrong about Curry.
Go to a game and watch 2 good teams play and tell me that the basketball isn't amazing. I'm sure all those major college teams are full of great student athletes who help grandmas cross the street and volunteer at food kitchens for the poor in their spare time. College basketball is all about fake drama and the coaches. All college basketball cares about is exploiting the "student athletes" in order to score a big TV deal with the networks.

The fact is except in rare instances in college basketball you are simply watching uniforms play each other, the good players dont stay long enough to where you get to know them and who wants to watch bad players.

I am not wrong about Curry and we will revisit this again. Ricky Rubio, now there is a guard to get excited about.