Thread: Duke/Davidson
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
Stick to baseball. He's nothing like Larry Hughes and he shoots as many twos as threes. He's not playing against junior high kids, so he knows how to get his shot off against taller players one way or another. Just like I assumed, you completely missed my point with the Iverson/Barkley analogy.

He's like Eddie House with better handle, passing and defense. He does need to get stronger, but Steph's biggest problem in the league will be mental, not physical. Generally it's hard for guys who are relied on for all of their team's offense to adjust into playing a distinct role at the next level, and he's such a bizarre player, it'll be tough for a coach to figure out what that role is.

Again, I don't think he'll be a superstar in the NBA, but he won't be the scrub you think he'll be either.
I already told you what his role will be, it is pretty clear. The only type of system that he would be able to put in a lot of minutes is a D'antoni or Golden State type offense. However Golden state is falling apart and will have a new coach soon which leaves only the Knicks. He is a guy who plays with the ball who needs to learn to play without it. That is a big adjustment. The pro game is about matchups, endurance, speed and strength. Curry does not score high in any catagory. I understood your point with Iverson/Barkley but both had physical gifts that allowed them to overcome their lack of size. Curry has no such gifts. His ceiling is probably Sleepy Floyd.