View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 10:18 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITF View Post
Now if only that could've been backed up by the Big Cap, as awful a race as it was this year, it still would've been awesome to go Kilroe-San Felipe-Big Cap. But I guess that's too much to ask.

Seriously, can we please work on this? It's so f#$%&$*$ stupid that we in So Cal can't figure this out on our biggest days of the year. I know there is a lot of fixing that needs to happen here in So Cal but I do believe the racing, when done right, is exceptional. This day could've been great. Even with the rain. But a 16K claimer and some whack ass allowance race! Come on. Let me play the big horses back to back and I'll wager much more. I promise.

Add it to the list Mr. Ritvo.
The races were staged where they were because of #1, the weather concerns and need to keep the Kilroe on turf no matter what and #2, to accommodate the X-C P4, the telecast and its' need for the 3yo races. And running the Kilroe as the 5th worked. And the Big Cap had to be placed where it was. The racing office would have loved to laid out an all stakes P4.

All in all, considering the way the forecast/radar looked at 6a this morning, the day was pretty miraculous.

Last edited by Kasept : 03-10-2018 at 10:30 PM.