View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 12:40 PM
Belmont Park

My GUESS is the pace so solid not slow by any measure. While you can suggest Materiality had been gutted in Derby, and was rushed to even compete in these races, just discounting him as a bum who couldnt run a solid half when asked is mighty convenient. Then you have Moobi not looking to brush but certainly being asked and he makes up little to no ground. Then Frosted a solid Fig earner in Wood and "the other" horse out of Derby that ran at least the 3rd or 4th best race, off 5 weeks rest training great and looking the part he tries to stay in contact and does. I just cant believe the pace was slow, I think that is a judgement error on Beyers part but heck what do I know? I am sure he loves betting in the same pools as me and I am sure he is a better handicapper.

I think your point on the Florida Derby fig is valid I think it was a MUCH slower race then its credited for. It just doesnt pass the smell test. But Again I am sure the fig assigned falls well within the math and discipline which Beyer subscribes to.

The problem with thinking the trip was overblown is it sort of lends credence to Materialty being gutted in Derby and not being able to prompt a solid pace. I think its a little of each I think Materialty was heading into the TAP abyss but I still think he was freshened enough to be able to run a solid if not fast 6f's

Beyer doesn't think AP has proven he is fast YET and doesnt discount he can improve but and I quote "we pretty much know who AP is at this point".. Well I do too and I think he is friggin fastest, sound, and special.