View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 10:08 AM
Jerome Park

btw.. great show yesterday Steve. Are you going to have a write up? I always love how you recap big events.

Saturday was spectacular. So happy for all that got to be there.. and everyone watching from home. The emotion was very very intense. American Pharoah is one hell of an animal. That was a very impressive Belmont. Only one I've personally seen like it is Point Given's race (I started following horse racing in 1996 for perspective). It was so neat to see that horse pull away and know that it was really happening. I kept rewinding the coverage to re-watch the race.

My problem with the Beyer article is yes, this horse is another Secretariat, Affirmed and Seattle Slew. Of course there is never another horse like Secretariat. But American Pharoah has accomplished what they accomplished by becoming a triple crown winner. Also this horse is very similar to Seattle Slew in my opinion. I just don't understand the jab. Unless he is talking about their entire racing careers, which would be foolish because you can only really compare what you've seen so far.